SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liselotte_gw

Ready to give up on organic gardening!

liselotte
13 years ago

When we bought this house seven years ago, I was determined to garden organically. I have bought all the products from GardensAlive, invested a lot of money in draught tolerant plants, added organic compost, etc. etc. My yard is a total disaster! My neighbor's yard is beautiful--she uses all the chemicals on the market! My hydrangea's leaves are full of holes--several kinds of holes! My heleborus argifutolia leaves have black spots! The "Frenchies" are full of aphids. My roses' leaves are turning yellow, have black spots and are falling off! My bay laurel is going to pots--leaves are turning yellow, curling and are full of white stuff, sort of like powder. I've cut off all the affected branches as gently as I could, but scattering white dust was unavoidable--now I wonder how many of my other plnts will become infested. Moles and slugs are driving me mad. None of the organic products from GardensAlive are helping. I am ready to go to the nearest garden center and buy all the chemicals available to take care of these problems unless someone can tell me what is going on in my yard and what could possibly help. I do have a lot of birds, frogs, squirls, and bees and would hate to kill them all off, but I would really like to have a yard that shows off my intensive labor. Please help!

Comments (22)