SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sillybugs_gw

Ready to give up -Just a rant - sorry

sillybugs
19 years ago

Maybe someone can smack some sense into me.. but please feel free to also ignor me..i just need to get this out before i burst.

Im just on over load.. and ready to toss out every seed, pot, tool, bag of dirt and cutting i own.

I just cant garden in florida, everything i do turns out to be a mess and waist of time...

Before i moved here, it all seemed so easy to me, and every year i grew everything from corn to pumpkins and watermelons.. you name it. AND it was moslty from seeds.

What happens here?.. everything dies!

I get 2 inch scrawny seedlings that just seem to evaporate

over night. i have the right temps, and water.. probably the wrong dirt.. but i use what i can afford

(the 99c HD stuff)

I wanted so badly to have a plant sale so i could buy a permit to sell veggies at the farmers market, so i could then take that money and turn it around some how by getting more garden supplies, like grow lights etc.

im not talking big production line here.. i just love the whole market thing.. i did it for years and years in NJ,

and even tho it was more physical labor then my nursing job, i put my blood sweat and tears into it every weekend

and loved it because it was for me. im sure some of you know what i mean.

I Just feel like my green thumb has turnned a sick shade of yellow, and i should just quit trying to grow anything.

bah!

Sorry for the ranting.. hope it doesnt break any GW rules!

((hugs))

SillyB (mell)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting