SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Time to put the plant stand together

the last time i grew seeds in winter.. was the winter of 1998 ....

then kids came along.. and i did not want to encourage my 'children of the mud' to play with soil in the house ... i think they are finally old enough to know better ...

so out comes the plant stand ... it is being placed in a cement cubby, which is under the front porch .. which causes it to be a heat sink .. keeping the basement FREEZING .... even with the furnace running ...

so i am putting it there so that the generated heat will heat the room .. and the basement ....

i am starting by cleaning it all up real good ...

the shelves.. are high end plant stand trays .. i refused to buy the 600$ yuppie plant stand ... but the tray were like 20 bucks a piece ... you don't need trays per se ... but it is an advantage to have a surface which has an edge in case water escapes ... better pix on those later ...

straight through the door ...

{{gwi:26625}}

from the side.. so you can see the simple electric box ... with a power strip i can get all 8 lights [16 lamps] onto one timer ...

{{gwi:26626}}

and here are the seed drying in their envelopes ... i will start the seeds in a month or so ... last time i grew them too well ... and they outgrew the setup with 2 months until frost free time ...

{{gwi:268893}}

ken

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!