SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Try H. 'Mariachi' for fragrance WOW

User
10 years ago

Okay, I got this hosta this spring and did not expect much from it first year. However, it is blooming now, and the fragrance is outstanding. I am very impressed.

I repotted it not long ago, but that did not slow it down. Also, the much smaller H. '24 Caret Gold' which is also fragrant, is blooming along with it. You can guess what I'm hoping.....that they swap pollen and both make some fat pods for me.

If DonB doesn't have it yet, I know he will get it first chance....because it is a sport of his beloved Guacamole.

Then 24-caret gold is a sport of Stained Glass, unregistered but introduced by Jim Anderson. It is mostly a deep goldy green, and similar cultivars are Amberglass and Tortilla Chip. Suffice it to say, I have all 3 of them. I'm quite fond of gold in any of its forms. :)

I took this picture sometime today. When I walked back to the garden, the fragrance met me and led me to Mariachi.
If fragrance is a plus for you, take a look at this one. As late as it is blooming for me, it might be too late for more northerly climes. But.....worth a look, right?

NOTE: i'M EDITING THIS. BECAUSE THE HOSTA NEXT TO MARIACHI IS AMBERGLASS. WHAT WAS I THINKING....CHANGED ON 9-20-13.

This post was edited by moccasinlanding on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 22:38

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio