SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladylotus_gw

Common garden plants which provide splendid fragrance

ladylotus
12 years ago

I've tried to fill my gardens with a wide variety of plants and as many plants that provide pleasant fragrance. Enough fragrance so that when I walk down my garden paths I don't have to bend over and stick my nose into the plants.

Here is a photo of spring in one of my gardens. That variegated iris has a WONDERFUL scent of grape koolaid or grape crush soda. In addition, I have a large variety of peonies and they really provide a lot of fragrance.

This is a photo of Dancing Butterflies (peony) which has a wonderful sweet fragrance. It is a wonderful peony which holds up for a long time.

Here are several more of my peonies which really tantalize ones olfactory.

BUT...my very favorite time walking through my gardens or sitting on the deck is when my lilies are blooming. I have a couple hundred different varieties and WHOA baby does my yard smell fantastic when they begin blooming. Here are a few in this photo.

Another photo of my lilies.

And...lastly I can not forget my roses. They really put on the best show in Sept up through freeze in October. Here is a photo of one of my very favorite roses called Dreaming Spires on the left side of the photo. This rose is a beautiful yellowish rose that has peach tones infused withing the petals and has a fruity with a tinge of spice fragrance. Absolutely stunning.

What do the rest of you have in your gardens that you HAVE to have, to allow you a little heady scent while you are relaxing in your yard?

Comments (24)