SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709406

slow Vegetable garden

User
17 years ago

Hi,

Does anybody have any ideas why this year the summer veggies in my garden are not producing?

my Vegetable garden is somewhat slow this year. I had Salad for a long season, lot's of Berries, even a few Radishes, which for some reason I am not able to grow in the NW. Peas did great, although I planted them a little late, so they got too starchy during the heat wave, my Fennel did great until those 100+ days, then it bolted. I am getting tons of carrots out of there, one of my success stories, there I never had that many carrots from my garden.

But my Summer Veggies are not producing much. Tomatoes are just slowly getting a little color, my Beans barely make enough for fresh eating. Last year I planted the same amount of Pole Beans and I was able to freeze enough to last me all winter and spring.

My Zucchinis are doing okay for me, but they also don't make enough to be able to support the neighbors. My yellow sunburst patty pan squash, last year I harvested a few everyday, this year it is one every 3-4 days.

Peppers and Eggplants I didn't get any last year, this year I put them under plastic and they look great. the peppers are even getting Fruit now, none so far on the Eggplant though.

Is it just me, or is this a slow year for Summer Vegetables?

Is it too cool at night?

Any suggestions?

Isabell

Comments (5)