SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desii_gw

Spotted Laurel... I think...

desii
15 years ago

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here. Let me say first that I am brand new to gardening. I know NOTHING about it! So please forgive my ignorance in all things green. Just for some background, I will tell you that we live in central Vancouver Island, BC.

We just bought our first house and the landscaping is going to need lots of attention (so, many more questions to come, I'm sure!). It's been neglected for a long time, which is a real shame. But eventually we plan to get it in really nice shape. It's a beautiful yard with lots of potential.

So, now to my questions. We have a bush growing right beside the house. From the research I've done it appears to be a Spotted Laurel. It's been neglected but appears to still be in quite good shape. So here are my questions for all you experts:

1) From the attached pictures would you agree that it is in fact a Spotted Laurel?

2) How strong are the roots? The bush is right against the house and I need to know if the foundation could be in any sort of jeopardy.

3) If the roots are an issue for the foundation, is this the kind of bush that I should sell or just get rid of? Is it of any value?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Here are some pictures:

{{gwi:1086570}}

{{gwi:1086572}}

Comments (8)