SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need a Garden Buddy from Northern Ontario.....November

Debbie_N_Ontario
19 years ago

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a nice halloween. *S* We had only one child and that was son's daughter. She was dressed as a kitty. It has been snowing since last night so she had all her winter stuff on and when I picked her up she weighed a ton. A lot more than she did last week when we were playing in the park. *LOL* I think that winter has arrived. *sigh* I have started putting up Christmas decorations, just a few things, and tonight I brought up the snowman for outside and will start looking for the lights. It will take me a week or two to get all the decorations up, so I do a bit every other day or so.

I am still busy steaming our carpets. Did a few yesterday and a couple more today. I have two more big ones to do and then I am finished! Yeah! I'm getting pretty tired and sore and when I get tired I run into things so I'm a bit banged up,,,,walls keep jumping in front of me, but I'm almost finished.

Marcia, how are the renovations coming along? Was hubs able to finish the siding?

Claubill, that is nice that u have such a good neighbour that was willing to teach you about grapes. I hope the new grape vine will grow quickly so it will cover your arbor in a few years. I do know that garlic is planted in the fall. I use to plant it, but haven't for the past few years. I miss the fresh garlic and I really must try to grow some next fall. I tried elephant garlic one year, but McFayden's shipped that in spring, they always seem to ship their garlic in spring, so I stopped buying it from them and just picked some up from the store and planted that. When u say u planted your onions, do u mean that u plant your onions in the fall as well?

I am sorry to hear about your neighbour, that is sad. But he must appreciate u coming over and digging up the flowers for him and helping him out when he is so sick and can't do it himself. I hope they are able to do something for him.

Geo, Welcome! That is great that u were able to cut broccoli and cabbage today and your pansies are still blooming! Do u have any snow there at all?

Well have to go it's getting late.

Take care

Debbie :-)

PS: Here are some pics of my Christmas cactus

{{gwi:2100542}}

{{gwi:2100543}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor