SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need a Garden Buddy from Northern Ontario.....November

Debbie_N_Ontario
18 years ago

Hello Buddies,

Yep it's November already. I have been keeping busying deocrating for Christmas. I can't seem to sit still too long Of course son is teasing me because I started so early but I could put them up on December 20th and he would still say it is too early. *S*

The Christmas cactus in the living room has started to bloom and I think there are going to be lots of flowers on it this year, if the cat leaves them alone. *S* I will try and take a pic of it in a few more days when more buds have opened.

We still haven't been able to catch the last remaining fish in the pond, so I guess he's a goner. Which is sad as I've had them for so long they are like pets now. I've tried and son has tried, he is just too fast or we are just too slow.

The trees are mostly empty now and the hosta leaves have all turned their autumn yellow colours. I haven't done anymore fall clean up as it has been too wet and cold outside. We have had snow three times so far, but thankfully it has melted.

I still have some things from the garden to bring in but just haven't felt motivated to do it yet.

Got a new downspout put on the back corner of the house as damp was getting into the basement and causing mold on the rec room wall. We cleaned up the "wrecked room" the other weekend and in the corner where a lot of boxes were piled we found the mold. So does anyone know how to get rid of that?

The roof over my closet now leaks and we have been waitng for the guy for almost a month now but I guess he is hoping for snow so he doesn't have to go up there. Then the prong of the kettle pulled off and got stuck in the outlet on the stove so the stove guy is coming over today to fix that.......can u say things are falling apart? *S* So I'm going to Wally world today to buy a new kettle.

Marcia, did u get all your bulbs planted? I'm so tempted to buy some but then I'd have to weed around them next summer.

Gale, did u get all your fish moved back into the house?

And Jak, how is the new house coming along? Are u all settled in now?

Take care everyone and stay warm.

Debbie :-)

Comments (5)

Sponsored