SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need A Garden Buddy in Northern Ontario...November

Debbie_N_Ontario
16 years ago

Hi Marcia

We had a mini blizzard here last night, blowing and snowing, I was getting a bit nervous with the way the wind was blowing. We didn't get much snow but enough to cover the ground,,,again. Tomorrow it is suppose to go up to 12C; it is -4c right now. Crazy weather for sure.

The petunias, marigolds and impatiens on the patio are finished but the silly geraniums are still green! LOL I couldn't believe it when I looked out today and they were still green, I didn't think they were so tough. Our lilac bushes still have leaves that are green too..very weird.

Son finally came over and put the shelves up in the shed and I got the door painted. We moved a lot of stuff into the shed and took another load to the dump. I still have bags of dirt on the driveway which I'm going to dump in the holes left by the garage. (The chipmunk is very upset that someone stole his home, he lived under the garage.)

We found out that our contractor is going to wait until spring before he starts on our house roof which really ticked me off as the porch wall is going to be in terrible shape by then. Every time it rains the wall inside gets wet now. *ugh* I get so tired waiting for men,,, Marcia u can relate, I know. LOL That is why we have hired a female electrician! LOL

Marcia, about the amaryllis. I don't wait for the leaves to die back. I just stick them in a paper bag with another one over the top to keep out all the light. I put mine in the fruit cellar,,it isn't very cold down there maybe 64F, it's just that I like them out of my way. I don't know what they would do if u covered them up but left them in a warmer space. Maybe they wouldn't go completely dormant?

We didn't have any trick or treaters last night so I have started putting up the Christmas decorations... *G*

Take care

Debbie :-)

Comments (3)

Sponsored