SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malerie_91

Very NEW To Gardening Alone...Help Me Im So Lost.!! :(

malerie_91
15 years ago

Im currently trying to fix the flower bed of my bf's home. I used to help my grandmother i lived with every year in her garden growing up but ive never had to garden alone before! im not sure WHAT to do.

the front yard faces east, and has a flower bed started but it is filled with dead shrubs, weeds, and dead grass... i know the previous two residents of the house and they have never done ANYTHING with the yard.

the bed is not raised at all but has the potential to be beautiful once its cleaned up (it has a really nice border already made of flat grey rocks stacked...just needs to be worked with)

i've been looking at the forum now for awhile trying to find what would work best to put on the east

so far iv read that

iris hybrids,

four o clocks,

plumbago,and

sweet violets

are perennials that do nice for the east side. and i like that i can get some of them in purples because thats my bfs favorite and the color of the living room in the house!

would these plants be easy to work with??

i need something that will be easy since im just starting!

when do i need to start my garden? what should i do first? what time should i start planting?

oklahoma weather is so un realiable i dont wanna do it to soon or wait to long...

i need help! :/

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor