SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need a Garden Buddy from Northern Ontario....August

Debbie_N_Ontario
18 years ago

Hi

I can't believe the summer is almost gone. *sob sob* It seemed to have gone so fast or is it just I'm getting old?

I have been busy the past week with a very sick cat. Had to take him to the emergency last Saturday as he was not eating. Found out he has bladder crystals, even though we had him on special low ph food. So he was there until Tuesday, on meds every day for the next 3 weeks; all those emails about how to give a cat a pill came rushing back to me when the vet asked pills or liquids. I said oh noooo.....liquid please. He still is not eating munch and I have to follow him around with a food dish trying to get him to eat. He has lost quite a bit of weight and his skin is sort of hanging off him. Poor thing. He was never a fussy eater, a big reason why he weighed 15lbs, but sure is now. Tomorrow he has to go back to the vets for a blood test to find out why he still isn't eating. We even have him on stuff to boost his calories. But he is getting better and if anyone told me 3 years ago I'd be so attached to a cat I'd have told them they were nuts! LOL

The lilies are almost finished but some of my daylilies are still blooming. The phlox are starting to bloom now and soon the air will be full of their scent. Here are some of my coneflowers and lilies.

{{gwi:2100391}}

{{gwi:2100392}}

My water lily did bloom for a bit, but the blooms didn't seem to last very long only a day or two.

{{gwi:2100393}}

Marcia, I did notice u weren't around, I thought maybe u were stuck in the house doing renovations. *S* Sorry to hear about the pooter problems. I have windows xp on my laptop but I don't like it. Too many things popping up by themselves. LOL

Your lilies are 5ft high? Geezeeee what kind of fertilizer are u feeding them? LOL Congrats on being on the garden tour! I'd be a nervous wreck if it was me, that is why I don't put my garden in the garden contests anymore. I don't think they have tours up here.

You'd better get after hubs now to start moving his garden art.. *G* as we know it takes him a while to get around to stuff. *S*

Have u heard anything from Gale, she hasn't posted in weeks. I hope her gardens are doing well. I wonder how Jak made out with the move, hope everything went well.

Well have to get moving here. Have to pack up a pond pump to send back to Moore's, it decided to start acting up and hopefully we can get it in on the warantee.

Debbie :-)

Comments (11)

Sponsored