SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need a Garden Buddy from Northern Ontario.....January

Debbie_N_Ontario
19 years ago

I hope this year is a very heathy and prosperous year for everyone!

We had snow storms today so hubs was out there shovelling again. Hubs took us out to a chinese restaurant tonight for New Year's Eve, it was sooooo quiet in there, I thought it would be packed! But Lots of dances going on in town and with the weather the way it was I suppose that kept people away too.

Christmas morning was quiet with just the two of us, but son and family came over in the afternoon for dinner. Then boxing day we went to his future in laws to meet them,,,,yikes! There are a lot of them. *L*

I got a lot of chocolates, body lotion, shower gel, Bailey's irish cream, coconut liquer too.. *L*

Mom gave us money and I won fifty bucks in a Christmas photo contest which was nice! so I'm going to take that money and put it towards one of those Food Saver thingies that Oprha had on her Favorite Christmas show last year! Do any of u have one of them? I thought they'd be great for keeping freezer burn away from the veggies. I love to freeze veggies, cause to me u can never have too many veggies.. *S*

Marcia, that downspout trellis sounds like a great idea! you'll have to let me know how it works out for you. The plant markers sound interesting too. What size of markers does it make?

Sheryl, we got a new tree from Wallyworld this year and the stupid strand of lights on the bottom of the tree have burnt out. Son is going to come over and take a look at it and if it is the wiring and not the light bulb it is going back to the store and next year I'm going to put up the old tree! I miss the bushy branches that can hold heavy ornaments! I thought these new fangle hinged trees with lights built in would be easier, but not if the strand of lights breaks. I've had trouble with lights bought at walmart before, half of the strand works the other half didn't.

I think I'm going to cut back on decorations again next year, I'm not doing so great health wise and putting up all these things are very tiring for me. With it being only the two of us, I think it is time to cut back. But of course I say that every year, the same with the garden and I always do too much. *L* I leave the decorations up until Jan. 6th or 7th here and then slowly start taking them down. I'm still playing Christmas music as we both enjoy it.

Claubill, I took a pyschology course thru Laurentian last year. It sounds like u do a good thing decorating the school doors,, I bet it cheers up everyone when they walk by them. *S*

Have u thought about doing the Dr. Phil diet? I watch him, but haven't bought the book yet and I need to lose a lot of weight too but haven't tried yet. He is suppose to have written a book with menus right in it to give people a head start on losing weight.

Well time for me to get moving here....take care everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best in 2005!!!

Debbie :-)

Comments (10)

Sponsored