SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need a Garden Buddy from Northern Ontario...July

Debbie_N_Ontario
18 years ago

Happy Canada Day!!

It was cool and wet here today only 11C but the sun did come out for a bit. had tornado watch again last night, but thnkfully we didn't get any bad storms. Is anyone else getting this weird weather with tornado watches?

I started working on the bed along the side of the house. Put some dirt, manure and peat moss along it, now just have to lay the landscaping fabric and plant a couple of hostas. I also have to work some on another raised bed as I have been moving hostas outta there and it looks empty so I'll have to plant a smaller hosta in it when I get time.

My Japanese Lilac tree is finally blloming and it smells good too! It only has a few blooms on it, but they are so pretty and so fragrant. I'm hoping next year I will have even more.

All my roses are blooming. I went out and bought some of that slow release fertilizer and some spray for diseases and insects because the leaves look terrible and I'm not sure what is causing it. I thought maybe white flies. I know I have white fly around the cucumbers and tomatoes so I've put traps out for them.

My lilies are slowly starting to bloom, I always enjoy this time of year when they start to bloom as they are my fav flowers. And marcai, I agree with you, one can never have enough lilies! *G*

It seems like I have lost some over the winter, either that the chipmunk is eating them. I saw him again last night, he was giving me heck while I was planting more flowers. *L*

Marcia, I hope u can get your kitchen floor done this summer. I know u really want this stuff finished. Does your dad know how to do this kind of stuff? Maybe u could ask your parents to come for a visit and get your dad to help u or to tell u what to do if he isn't able to "actually" do the work with u. That might also get hubs in the mood to do it to. Maybe your son could help too? *G*

I laughed at your comment about your son raising a teenaged boy being pay back.....your a bbbbadddd lady! *LMBO*

That 250 gallon tanks sounds like a good idea. It's too bad u couldn't hook up soaker hoses to that. I had hooked up 100 ft of soaker hoseas in the new raised beds, but I couldn't get it to work right to the end of the 100 ft hose. So someone in the hosta forum mentioned that they have those quick connects on their soaker hoses and they just snap the hose on and run it that way. I should have put the hose running from the top bed to the bottom bed, instead of the other way around as gravity may have helped it get to the last few feet. But I have done the quick connect and the top bed gets watered all the way to the end now. So that is great! I can turn the hose on and then go do something else instead of standing around watering for two hours. Now I just have to do the old raised beds.

Things are slowly getting done here, it just takes me a while. I just found out that the reason I can't stand longer than 10 minutes, is because I have arthritis in my back with spurs. So I'm moving slower than my 80 year old mother. LOL Just call me Mertle the Turtle....*LOL*

I wonder how Jak's move is coming along? I can't remember when she was moving but I'm sure it was around this time. I hope everything goes well for ya Jak, if your reading this. I hope you love your new house!

This is a pic of the lilac, not quite opened all the way in this pic.

{{gwi:2100318}}

And here's a pic of one of my clematis, it has more blooms on it now than it did a couple of days ago. I'm so glad it survived all the digging up and sitting in a pot for weeks last summer.

{{gwi:2100319}}

Well time to go here,,,,,take care everyone and write and tell us how your gardens are doing.

Debbie :-)

Comments (13)

Sponsored