SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

Very Wet Hosta Pics...

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

Hi all,

Wow, It hasn't stopped raining for 2 days, and it looks like it'll go on with no break for another 24 hours or so. Many mountain communities have been wrecked, and Boulder, Longmont and surrounding towns are half-wrecked, with more carnage sure to come. I've been working in Lyons, Colorado for the last couple of weeks, and I could not get there today because every road in was washed away and/or underwater. Mountain rescue teams still can't get to most areas, helicopters are still grounded because of fog and low cloud ceiling. Our home is in about the best location to deal with this kind of rain, we are in a safe area, water is rolling DOWN the hills here and not accumulating, thankfully, so we'll just stay at home for awhile. Not sure how much coverage these storms are getting nationally, but it's pretty bad in a lot of areas. Flash flood warnings/watches from Wyoming to New Mexico 'til I think Midnight, I've lived in Colorado for 8 years and have never seen rain close to this volume. It just won't stop!

Hostas are happy though, I had to go take some pics...

Regards,
Don B.

'Christmas Tree'

Comments (42)