SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

More Tomato Seeds On Their Way To New Homes

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I've now mailed out the requested tomato seeds to everyone who has sent me a bubble envelope (so far) requesting them.

Game Bird--your big ol' envelope left with DH this morning and he was going to mail it from Thackerville, so you should have it in a couple of days.

Beth--your envelope left the house with DH too. (I got it done more quickly than I thought I would.)

I think both of you will be pleased with the contents of your envelopes. : )

To anyone who sent an e-mail requesting specific varieties in the last two weeks but who has not yet sent an envelope, I've been holding those varieties for you, but I'm going to give them away to someone else if I don't receive your envelope this week.

To anyone who's told me in the last 3 or 4 days that an envelope is on its way, I'm watching for them and will send them back to you as soon as possible after I receive them.

To anyone who is wondering if I have seeds left, yes, I do, but every time I send out a batch of envelopes, I'm left with fewer and fewer remaining varities. I'm probably out of 60% of the varieties I originally listed on the exchange page, but still have plenty of other varieties to share.

Finally, and this should surprise no one.....now that I've "gotten rid of" almost 100 varieties of tomato seeds, I ordered about a dozen more varieties to try this year or next. Some of those were from some old favorites, like Sun Gold and Nebraska Wedding, because I planted my last seeds of those varieties this spring, but others are new (to me). It is sort of like cleaning out your closet and getting rid of "old clothes" you aren't going to wear any more, and then going shopping for "new clothes" to replace the ones you got rid of. LOL

It is gorgeous here today and I have the first blooms on one of my containerized tomatoes--two blooms opened this morning on the Husky Red Cherry.

Dawn

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!