SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corunum

One Year Later- Pines to Rhododendron Border

corunum z6 CT
14 years ago

1 Year Later  Pines to Rhododendrons

Following KTÂs post ÂThis Much I Know for SureÂ, I can, one year later, know for sure that rhododendrons are truly tough and all my fretting over them was self-imposed and not necessary: they all made it!

For those who remember my January, 2008, post ÂPining Over PinesÂ, below is the 14 months later result of the move of 30+ years old rhodys with the addition of 6 younger rhodys to complete the border line where 80Â tall breaking white pines once stood.

Before,2008

{{gwi:1056993}}

After,2009

{{gwi:1077646}}

{{gwi:1077647}}

What doesn't show are the additional 17 rhodys and azaleas that are 'under planted' in the border. Wish I was as clever as Claire is about posting pictures, because this border is about to grow again. Determined to fill every void, this weekend I'm going back to Carol's Collectibles to get rhody 'Nova Zembla' to tuck in in front of my older guys. Okay, so maybe it will be a bit garish in color next year, but at my age, I say Bring on the Color!"

I am and will continue to be so very grateful to all of you who post in the NE forum. Without you 'guys' (affectionately dubbed) my gardening courage would not be as strong. Many thanks to each of you.

Kindly,

Jane

Comments (12)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner