SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
everett_reader

Finally got my 'Fireglow' J Maple

everett-reader
18 years ago

I have been looking for this variety for awhile - well looking for a reasonably priced one that is good sized. A brand new Walmart opened down the road on Wednesday and I thought I would stop by and see if they have any grand opening deals. About knocked my socks off to see healthy, properly watered plants in the nursery. I was poking around the maples and about jumped for joy when I found several "fireglows" in the lineup. $70 tree - and much bigger then the other Japanese maples I have seen (and bought) for comparable price at Flower World and other nurseries. It is a beauty - my husband's only question was "why didn't you buy two?"

I always shopped at plant nurseries in the past, but since I am landscaping a whole yard on a budget, I have done some shopping at the big box stores, and shockingly, at Walmart now. My favorite nearby nurseries are no longer in business and I have to drive further and further to find a real plant nursery. I have found that Friday night is the time to shop if you are going to go to the big box stores. They have just unpacked the shipments for the weekend rush and haven't had time to dry out yet.

Comments (4)