SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_in_bend

Clueless - need tree recommendations please

beth_in_bend
17 years ago

I am brand new to this and need some help selecting trees to screen off our neighbors across the fence. We have several small evergreen trees, but we need some privacy and I would like something with either spring flowers or fall colors. My husband has allergies so I don't know if this is possible.

Here is our yard as it is now, except we just planted a Colorado Blue spruce along the west fence. The majority of the flower beds are full sun almost all day.

From patio looking northwest, new blue spruce is right in front of where blue van is lined up

{{gwi:1076115}}

From patio looking north, right into our neighbors living/dining rooms

{{gwi:252386}}

From patio looking northeast

{{gwi:1076116}}

Looking east

{{gwi:250220}}

I know, it's pitiful. I know absolutely nothing about gardening and my husband is finally willing to plant whatever I choose. Please help! I'm thinking maybe japanese maple or crabapple along the back fence?

We have limited mountain views from our dining room toward teh west so we don't want to block that, but we would like to creen off the neighbors dining window. That area is full shade all day, all year.

{{gwi:382362}}

Any recommendations for something in a pot that could do this?

I appreciate any advice I can get. We live in zone 6 and it's very windy, too. We have rotary sprinklers set up at the corners of the yard and along the back fence.

Beth

Comments (7)