SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

Disneyland clueless needs experts, please!

breezygirl
11 years ago

Our family is heading to Disneyland in a few weeks on a trip paid for by DH's company, and I need help from you Disney experts. I've been to DL twice as an adult long before kids and am clueless about the ins and outs of place. Please help!

Our trip is Oct. 17-20. Our flights allow us time in the park the late afternoon of Thursday 17th and all day both Friday 18th and Saturday 19th. Our tickets provide access to both DL and California Adventure.

We have two kids. DS turned 7 last week and is timid about big, high rides and those that go upside down, etc. He's very smart and loves animals, cars, and science. DD will turn 3 right before DL. She loves pink and what she calls "princ-a-dresses" (princesses and fairies), but doesn't like fully costumed creatures. She trembles at the sight of the Easter bunny. Yikes! :)

DH booked the Howard Johnson hotel without consulting me (argh) and I'm disappointed they don't offer breakfast. It seems like it's close to the park, but is it really?

Right before school started, I tried to google around to find a good Disney message board but didn't find one I could decifer as a newbie without a special code book I seemed to lack. Can someone point me to a good site with basic info?

If you have some great insider tips to pass along, I'd love to hear them! Specifically:

1. Where to eat (We have a lunch booked at Club 33.)

2. Ride recommendations for either/both kids

3. Best time to do which activity or ride

4. From where/how to watch DL parade

5. From where/how to watch CA World of Color

6. Anything else important that I don't know to ask about!

I want to get the most out of this experience with the kids and leave with the fewest regrets for things I may have overlooked as we won't be able to afford a trip like this ourselves for years. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (12)