SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biradarcm

Oklahoma Gardening Books

biradarcm
13 years ago

I am very new to home gardening in Oklahoma, learning new things every day or every thread I read in this forum. Its kind of free literature with lot of practical hands on which may not be found in some books sitting library shelves. But there are few authors who wrote their life time story, lessons learned, experience gained into wonderful books. I am looking for such books written specifically for Oklahoma Gardening. I come across many books and some turned out be providing very basic knowledge about gardening. Some failed to describe science behind plant growing and better harvest. I have already few books in my shelf those are not specifically written for Oklahoma's.., authors based in the NE and obviously they were talking more about northern gardens, still they are useful...

1.Greenhouse Gardener's Companion, Revised: Growing Food & Flowers in Your Greenhouse or Sunspace by Shane Smith, Marjorie Leggitt

2.The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener by Eliot Coleman, et al

3.Four-Season Harvest: How to Harvest Fresh Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long by Eliot Coleman, Kathy Bary

Then I searched online specific to "Home Gardening in Oklahoma" and also got couple of recommendations from Dawn and Carol. Couple of them already sitting in my amazon shopping cart;

4.Keep Your Fingers in the Dirt -by Dorothy Bowen

5.Oklahoma Gardener's Guide -by Steve Dobbs

6.The Vegetable Book: A Texan's Guide to Gardening -by Sam Cotner

7.Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight -by Peter J. D'Adamo

Following book seems to be good but I not yet made any decision;

8.Best Garden Plants for Oklahoma- by Steve Owens and Laura Peters

9.Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening- by Louise Riotte

10.Month-By-Month Gardening in Oklahoma & Arkansas: What to Do Each Month to Have a Beautiful Garden All Year by Steve Dobbs and Janet Carson

I know most of you are like a Living Books! Even though you might have referred some books in that past, what are those favorite Garden books?

Thanks -Chandra

Comments (29)