SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mastiffmom_85

Hello and Intro

mastiffmom_85
12 years ago

Hi there, my husband and I are building a house in north north Edmond, and although I'm in a neighborhood situation, I should have plenty of space for a family-sized garden. Currently, it's me, my DH, grandma, two little girls, and one BIG carrot-loving dog. We expect to be moved in by mid-March, and I think a big garden is out of the question this year. I have lots of prep work to do and more learning.

I don't know much about gardening but have been lurking here a bit and reading lots of books from the local libraries, especially those pertaining to our climate. We've recently done some dirt work at our new place, and although we have some of the normal red clay, it looks like my soil might be better than I expected. I will send some soil in for testing soon.

I'd like to incorporate some veggies or fruit bushes into my ornamental gardening...if anyone has ideas on how I can do this, I'm all ears! I really want to grow my own herbs, maybe some tomatoes, and possibly a couple of other things. Just a few trials to get my feet wet, so maybe I can have some small victories to boost my confidence. Hopefully, if I'm even remotely successful, I can get a little more aggressive with my plans for 2013.

I've been lurking here for a bit, but I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully start participating some in the threads. You all are a friendly, helpful group, and I'm glad to live in your state!

~ Mastiff Mom

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting