SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

Billerica/Surrounding Area Spring Plant Swap

littleonefb
16 years ago

Hello All,

It's that time of year again to start planning for the 3rd annual Billerica/surrounding area Spring Plant Swap.

All are welcome with or without any plants or seedlings to swap. There will be plenty of seedlings just for the taking. Annuals, perennials, flowers seedlings, tomato seedlings and more.

So don't be afraid to come because this year you are new to gardening and have nothing to bring. We will be glad to solve your problem and fill up those new garden beds for you. And you don't have to just live in the Billerica or surrounding area. You are more than welcome to come even if you live much further away.

For those of you that are new, we get together on a Saturday and swap our seedlings and plant divisions with each other.

Everyone brings something with them, goodies to eat, cold drinks, hot drinks, plates, napkins etc.

This is a very informal get together, I'm one of those informal people, like simple gatherings and just enjoy ourselves.

Looking forward to seeing old faces (not age, those that have come before) and meeting new gardeners who want to join us and fill up their garden beds.

So here is the basic information and any ideas to add, just toss them out.

Fran

DATE: May 31, 2008

TIME: 10AM until everyone wants to leave

LOCATION: Billerica MA. I will e-mail address and directions the week of the swap to all who are planning to attend.

Comments (82)

• dawiff
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

ishare, Mine are annuals. But they make lots of seeds and are very easy to winter sow, or just cut the seedpods off and sprinkle them wherever you want them next year, and they will return. The seedpods open up at the top and the seeds flow out just like a salt shaker. And of course you can trade the seeds too.

But Fran is right, you need to google the name (or as much of the name as you know) and you will get info about which are annuals and which are perennials.

Here's a link to a page about peony poppies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peony poppies

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Dawiff,
    Thank you for the link and I'd like to add another want from you, those are gorgeous!
    I offered on terrenes exchange some pots, most are blue and green ceramic, new and about gallon size, can I interest you in a pot or two? I work at a home store and buy garden items ALL the time that I don't need so I plan on packing my trunk up with those as well as some ws babies. I feel like a plant piggy but they are all so pretty! I want them all!!!
    Fran, My offer still stands to make finger sandwiches and count on 20 people attending.Do you hang windchimes?I have a couple of cute ones to offer the hostess.

• Related Discussions

Billerica/Boston Area Spring Plant Swap Info

Q

Comments (1)
    Hope you had fun but it's time to send this lower.
    ...See More

have: billerica/boston area spring swap info details

Q

Comments (66)
    Hi Fran and all: I just remembered this swap is happening and really wanted to come, but since I remembered at 11 p.m. tonight, I think I am too late. (I went on a field trip with my students for a week, and boy did I nap this afternoon after I got home from the airport!Meant to contact you for directions and I actually just woke up! Wow, can teenagers keep you running!) If for some reason any of you are late-nighters like me, I would love to attend. If not, have a wonderful swap and I will have to catch you all next year! I'm sure I will be talking to you all on the forum for all the advice I need with this new yard! Thanks Kathy
    ...See More

Billerica/Boston Area Spring Plant Swap Info

Q

Comments (45)
    Hi Kathy, Welcome to GW and so glad I've been able to help you. You are more than welcome to come to the swap with or without plants, seedlings. Believe me when I say there will be plenty of seedlings for the taking. And please bring your friend from Billerica as well. I only start my seeds outside with the WS method. Gave up trying indoors years ago because I never had any luck that way. Now, I have tons and tons of seedlings to plant. This year the seedlings are no doupt going to be smaller than usual because the weather has been so crazy, so don't worry about how small yours are. Sweet peas from a novice gardener? There a several of us that want to know the secret you have. I've been trying for years and this is the first year I've had any seeds germinate from the vining kind. Reminders of the swap will be on the thread on the exchange page. I posted the link for it above. As for what to bring, you can decide yourself and just let others know what you are going to bring on the new thread on the exchange page. We will all be out in the gardens digging and potting stuff up for the swap. One simple thing to use to pot things up with is styrofoam cups. I use the 8 oz and 12 oz size and you can label them by writing on the cup as well. Then they can be reused for next year. See you posting on the new thread. See the link above for the thread or just click on the exchange link at the top of the page. Fran
    ...See More

7th Annual Billerica Spring Plant Swap, All Areas Welcome

Q

Comments (23)
    Marlene, we missed you last year, hopefully we will see you this year. I do remember the talk about that plant and how you did get it. Glad to hear it is doing so well for you now. Leira, doing a good job with "the, one not so little now." Sounds like she will turn into a real little gardener and she needs her own special plant just for herself to water. Got it for you too, maybe even 2 little tiny plants for her to call her own. start her off now, save the seeds from them every year and she will have those plants for years to come. So you got to come and bring her along with you. wispfox, looking forward to seeing you again this year, did you every have that vine you thought might be a morning glory bloom and get it identified? s_angel0, so glad to see you posting to the thread and plan on coming to the swap this year. I had hoped to hear from you and see you at the swap. Don't worry about not having plants, we will fill you up to start off with, just bring along some goodies for us will be fine. In return, you get the plants and seedlings to take home with you. suzieque, Welcome and no, you are not to new to attend. No one is ever too new to attend, that's how you really learn about gardening. Talking to other gardeners and hearing what has and hasn't worked for someone else is the best learning experience. Nurseries can tell you some things, but they are working from the perfect environment to grow things. Gardeners, on the other hand, are doing things from experience in a "real garden" not perfection in growing environments. We live the real thing. Besides, you are an experienced gardeners dream come true, a novice that we can get hooked on "our love of gardening" and do it with fun, swap plants, give away seedlings and do it with good company from each other, good food and just plain relaxation and fun. Just come on and join us, we will load up your car with all kinds of good stuff for the garden, just be prepared to do lots of digging in your gardens. wish I could help you out, wisfox, but I don't have any of those plants. If any has some, would love a couple of divisions of Gaillardia Arizona Sun. Fran
    ...See More
  • littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I share, I have tons of windchimes that I hang around. Most of them are from the cheapo dollar store that i keep on low stakes to blow and help keep the critters from getting at my plants.

But I just got a beautiful brass one for a birthday gift that is hanging in my front planter from the arbor.

No need to bring a special gift though. Just bring what you would like to.

Sandwiches sound great, but we need an idea of how many people are coming.

SO THOSE THAT POSTED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE HERE FOR THE SWAP. IT'S ABOUT 2 WEEKS AWAY, WE NEED TO DO SOME REAL ORGANIZING NOW.

FRAN

• nadine33
    15 years ago

I am planning on attending. Since I'm a newbie, I don't really have any plants to bring so I was planning on muffins or such.

• jardinista
    15 years ago

Hi Fran et al--I'm coming to the swap on the 31st. I'm bringing a friend who has several perennials that her husband grows in his greenhouses to share. I can bring incidentals that you need.Do you want labels? sharpies? food/drinks? I'll need directions again--I forgot from last year where you post these. Looking forward to one of my favorite events of the year. I may even have some plants I can dig up at the last minute. Jardinista

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So far we have the following confirmed attending that have posted on the thread

Dawiff
    Jardinista
    Ishareflowers
    Nadine33

I have the following to use for the swap.

Table, covering and chairs.
    coolers
    I can make coffee and have the fixings for coffee, regular though no decaf unless there are some that want to get together and share the cost of of a jug from dunkin donuts.
    25 name tags, may or may not need more.

Ishareflowers is bringing finger sandwiches, sounds really good Lisa
    Nadine33 is bringing muffins "or such" muffins sound great
    Dawiff, donuts or muffins

Still in need of the following

ice
    cold drinks
    plates
    napkins
    hot/cold cups
    forks/knives/spoons if anyone is bringing something that we will need them for.
    shapies and some something to use for plant tags if needed (doesn't need to be anything fancy for the tags. craft sticks will work fine.

If I missed something Dawiff, pipe in and tell me please

So far I will have the following plants and seedlings for the swap, just not sure how many

Iris to dig if wanted
    lily of the valley white, will pot those up in advance not sure how many yet
    forsythia branches, root easily in water, will cut if anyone wants them

Wintersown seedlings will be small, maybe very small but they will grow quickly as soon as we get some warm weather

cleome pink and white
    malva zebrina
    malva mauritana
    hardy hibiscus pink/mauve
    eater egg plant
    hardy foxglove, pink, lavender, fushia
    tomato seedlings, most will be heirloom ones, not sure which ones yet
    sunflower, several kinds not sure which ones yet

possibly these
    burpee pickling cucumber
    burpee straight

Anyone that wants any pics of the specific WS seedlings just post and I will post pics of them.

Please e-mail me for directions. Let me know where you are coming from so that I can send you directions specific for you.

Fran

• deewah
    15 years ago

I only have day lilies. Can I still attend?

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deewah, you are more than welcome to join us at the swap. Bring your daylilies with you and take home some wonderful new plants and seedlings for your gardens.

What kind of daylilies do you have?

Fran

• dfaustclancy
    15 years ago

Hello Fran and Dawiff
    Jardinista
    Ishareflowers
    Nadine33

I'm still coming! I live in Ayer (relatively close to Billerica) and I will bring a container of ice and a big
    pitcher of ice tea. Maybe some cookies too, if I'm feeling ambitious!!! lol

I was away for ten days, just returned and am now looking at my gardens with a critical eye, trying to figure out what can be divided, etc. It looks like I will have heliopsis summer sun--yellow, and malva fastigiata--pink and maybe some hosta. I would love to have some of those cleome and malva zebrina. I'll have some packages of seeds (all different kinds) and maybe a book or two.

I'll need some directions: my email is: dfaustclancy@hotmail.com. For some reason, gardenweb won't change my email address to hotmail. Don't know why. Or, if you like, I can call and get directions.

Here's a weird idea. If you have a photo of what your plant/seedling/seed looks like in your garden all grown up, can you bring it along? That way we can figure out heights and colors, that is, if anyone is THAT organized.
    I brought a photo of summer sun heliopsis to one swap and everyone oohed and aahed over it. (Maybe they were just being polite??? )

Let me know and looking forward to seeng you all on the 31st.

• jaydeeinma
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Newbie JD here in Berlin (that's not too far from Billirica I think) and I would like to attend as well. I have been looking over my garden this morning and found some lilly of the valley (I think), day lillies and a pretty yellow plant I can't identify either by the internet or my new garden book so looking for some help identifying...Take a look at my photos and let me know if you're interested in them for the plant swap and if I got the plant identifications correct! Also, my day lilly leafs sort of flopped over when I potted them. Can I cut back the leaves and they will grow back straight this year or do I have to wait until next year and just have floppy day lillies? :-)

Thx
    JD.

Also, I can bring some cookies if you like?

Thanks!
    JD.

Here is a link that might be useful: perennials for plant swaps

• deewah
    15 years ago

Fran,

My daylilies are orange. I have been raking my brain and the only other garden things I have are two extra digging shovels. I want to attend but do not want to show up nearly empty hand.

• crescentmoon
    15 years ago

Hello! I am also new to this forum. (Thank you, Dawiff!)

I am looking forward to attending the plant swap! I can bring napkins and plates... and can offer lilacs as my bushes are sending out shoots all over. Can someone tell me the best way to share these? Our new home was neglected by the previous owner so I have chives growing wild all over my yard as well as some sort of fern! I will bring some of each of these too.

I look forward to meeting you all and swapping plants and stories!!

Cindy

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Crescent moon, ie cindy, welcome and look forward to meeting you at the swap.

I'll put you down for napkins and plates, that's perfect.

I've never dug up shoots from lilac bushes before, but a quick google search brought up several sites for info on how to do it. here is one of them.
    http://www.creative-home.net/Article25.htm

I'm sure there will be someone that will want the chives as well.

Deewah, someone wil want to have the orange daylilies. don't worry about being nearly empty handed. they will get filled on your return trip home.

We are still in need of hot/cold drink cups, and cold drinks. We have some ice coming and pitcher of iced tea. could you bring any of that with you?

JD, isn't Berlin out in Worcester County? Billerica is not that close to that county, it is just outside of Lowell. You are more than welcome to come, I just wanted you to be sure you realized where Billerica is.

Debraboston,
    The picture idea sounds nice but, all my pics are with a digital camera and they are on an album on photobucket. I don't have any pics in hand. I can post a link to the pics of plants and or seedlings that I will have for the swap but won't have any pics in hand for people to see.
    Thanks for the ice and iced tea. just hope it won't be one of those days that we need hot cocoa and lots of hot coffee to keep warm.

Will put you down for the malva zebrina and some cleome.

Thanks for the mention of seeds. that reminds me of mine too.

I will have packets of seeds as well, all harvested summer and fall 2007.

Anyone interested in those pieces of the crib for a trellis type idea for vines?
    Have both sides of it as well as the mattress spring to hold the mattress and the foot and head ends as well.

Fran

• dawiff
    15 years ago

Hiya Cindy! Welcome! I'm so glad to see you took my invitation.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Anyone interested in vinca?

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ishare, is that the periwinkle flowering one or the variagated leaf one

Fran

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I think it's periwinkle. It has shiny solid green foilage and small purple flowers.

• crescentmoon
    15 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the swap! I am not requesting anything here this year... I will just go along with any suggestions! I am starting with a nearly empty canvas. Thanks to a new friend, I do have Lillies of the Valley, Orange Day Lillies and Irises just beginning... Other than that, I will look to the more experienced gardeners for suggestions! One thing I really want to establish is a small garden in memory of my best friend who passed last year. I have a 3" sweet gum tree that I planted in the fall (troublesome with it's prickly pods, I know but it reminded me of my friend so much I had to get it!). The area is in the sun most of the day but I expect when the surrounding trees fill in, it will be partly shaded. There are existing rosebushes appearing now that were cropped to the ground and covered with leaved by the previous homeowner. I am open to suggestions...

Cindy

• jaydeeinma
    15 years ago

I'm new to NE so I didn't realize Billerica was 30 miles from me, oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the Concord swap that's a little closer to me I guess! Thx anyway.
    JD.

• julie74
    15 years ago

I'm hoping I can come ! I have just started my garden so I have no plants to share, but I am hoping someone will be able to share some clippings of Parthenocissius, I had taken a clipping for my previous yard, but don't know where to get any now. And any aggressive, bulletproof groundcover, for the shade. I think bishop's weed might work.
    I wish I had some to share, but never the less and still looking forward to meeting people and their plants !

• deewah
    15 years ago

I will bring cold drinks and cups. Will there be dogs there? If so can I beg you people to keep them on leashes because they terrify me.

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE:

COMING SO FAR:

DAWIFF
    ISHAREFLOWERS
    DEBRABOSTON
    DEEWAH
    CRESCENTMOON
    NADINE33
    JARDINISTA

HOPEFULLY COMING:

JULIE74

GOOD/SUPPLIES COMING

DAWIFF: MUNCHINS/DONUTS
    ISHAREFLOWERS: FINGER SANDWICHES
    NADINE33: MUFFINS OR SUCH
    DEWAAH: COLD DRINKS AND CUPS
    CRESCENTMOON: NAPKINS AND PLATES
    STILL IN NEED OF:

SOME EXTRA NAME TAGS JUST INCASE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH, I HAVE 25 BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE COMING THAT ARE FROM MY NEIGHBORHOOD.
    ICE
    SOME SHARPIES TO RIGHT WITH
    SPARE PLANT TAGS. WOODEN STICKS WILL WORK FINE.

Deewaah, no dogs that I know of and would really, really appreciate no one bringing any as I am very allergic to dogs.

Julie74, hope you can join us,

JD, you are more than welcome to come, even with the distance.

EVERYONE, PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM, SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU DIRECTIONS SPECIFIC TO WHERE YOU WILL BE COMING FROM.

FRAN

• dawiff
    15 years ago

Julie74, If you really want bishop's weed, I will pot some up and bring it, but you might be sorry some day. I have ajuga too, which is another foolproof groundcover for shade, would you like a couple of starts of that?

Fran, I can bring some sharpies too, if you like.

• jardinista
    15 years ago

Hi everyone--Fran, I can bring wooden plant identifiers and sharpies.Let me know if anything else sounds better. See you on Saturday. Jardinista

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Forgot the following

Debraboston bringing ice and iced tea

Jardinista bringing wooden plant ids and sharpies.

Jardinista, plant tags and sharpies are great.

Looking forward to seeding you again and your meeting your friend with the plants as well and any that you dig up.

Still need some extra name tags.

AGAIN, PLEASE E-MAIL WITH WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU DIRECTIONS.

JARDINISTA SENDING YOU AN E-MAIL

FRAN

• deewah
    15 years ago

I am still waiting for directions from Methuen. Can someone teach me to propagate?

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deewah, didn't receive and e-mail from you telling me where you were coming from.

I will do my best to help you with your propagation questions and I'm sure there will be at least one other person that will be able to help as well.

I sent you an e-mail with directions.

Fran

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Debra,

I tried to answer you e-mail but it kept bouncing back to me. I sent one using the e-mail that you posted on this thread.

Did you get that one?

Fran

• nadine33
    15 years ago

Looks like I'll probably have a couple good size hostas to bring too...
    I'm interested in the red bee balm and the heliopsis if they're still available.

• deewah
    15 years ago

I am so excited! This will be my first plant swap. I started clearing a spot for the new additions. I plan to ask 1,000 questions so I hope you people are not afraid to tell me to "shut up!".

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Anyone interested in plain green leaved hosta?

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've potted up the following, so far, for the swap. Click on the picture link to see pics of the plants growing in my gardens last summer.

These seedlings are still small, they where wintersown, but they will grow very quickly once they are planted in the gardens

hardy foxglove

17 pink {{gwi:406389}}
    11 lavender {{gwi:406388}}
    7 fushia {{gwi:406386}}

balsam impatiens aka touch me nots

4 salmon and white flower

4 dark pink {{gwi:342200}}

5 blue thimble gilia {{gwi:406378}}

8 malva zebrina {{gwi:414629}}
    malva mauritana

9 cleome mix of pink and white {{gwi:423109}}

a few of these not sure how many

4 oclock broken colors {{gwi:423093}}
    4 o'clock teatime rose

hardy disco belle, will bloom next year {{gwi:404006}}
    hardy hibiscus mauve/pink will bloom next year {{gwi:404009}}
    hardy hibiscus cream with burgundy eye, will bloom next year. the pic shows white but the flower is really cream. {{gwi:404010}}

Easter egg plant
    pumpkin on a stick

5 lemon basil
    8 lime basil
    8 sweet basil
    11 licorice basil
    8 thai basil

will have some white lily of the valley.
    iris sibrica to dig up the day of the swap
    forsythis branches to root, will but fresh for the swap

anyone interested in those crib pieces that can be used for trellis type rigging for vines?

Fran

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Keeping an eye on the weather for Saturday. Hope the showers will hold off till the afternoon. A few showers will be fine, but heavier rain and we may want to go for Sunday instead of Saturday.

Will wait and see what they say later on Thursday to see what we should do.

A REMINDER;

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SOMETHING TO TAKE ALL YOUR NEW PLANTS HOME IN. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING I CAN GIVE YOU TO TAKE THEM IN AND THEY ARE ALL POTTED UP IN SMALL STYROFOAM CUPS.

FRAN

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

IT IS LOOKING MORE LIKE SUNDAY WILL BE A BETTER DAY TO HOLD THE SWAP. I WILL WAIT TILL I HEAR THE NOON WEATHER FORECAST OF FRIDAY.

I WILL E-MAIL EVERYONE COMING TO THE SWAP IF I CHANGE THE DATE TO SUNDAY.

FRAN

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I meant to ask, does anyone have any spare creeping phox?

Fran

• dawiff
    15 years ago

Sorry, no creeping phlox.

I just wanted to say that I have no problem with you moving the swap to Sunday, if that's what you want to do. The forecast this morning says thundershowers on Saturday, and mostly sunny on Sunday.

• crescentmoon
    15 years ago

Fran,

I got the email I sent you back and attempted a re-send...

Cindy

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SWAP

DAY AND DATE CHANGE

I AM GOING WITH THE RAIN DATE OF SUNDAY JUNE 1ST.

PLANT SWAP IS SUNDAY JUNE 1ST. 10 AM.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME

WILL E-MAIL ALL ABOUT THE CHANGE AS WELL AS POSTING HERE

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE ON SUNDAY IN THE SUNSHINE

FRAN

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ishareflowers aka lisa.

Sent you an e-mail and haven't heard from you about directions to the swap on Sunday.

Are you coming to the swap?

Fran

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Fran,
    I saw that the swap was cancelled and Sunday will be okay with me. See you then.

Lisa

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lisa, please e-mail me to get directions from where you are coming from

Fran

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Fran,
    I still have your addy from when you sent me seeds. I can mapquest it for directions.

• sandragw(6b_MA)
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,
    Please count me in for the swap tomorrow. I hope it is not too late to join you. I missed it last year and you saved me some ws seedling :)
    Fran, are you still looking for creeping phlox ? I have creeping phlox in blue, let me know and I will pot it for you.

The following are already in pots:
    Canna (9x)
    japanese spurge(3x)
    blue mistflower(2x)
    couple of unknown creeping plants

Other things can be dug up or cut, just let me know:
    blue spiderwort
    orange honeysuckle(from cutting)
    black currant(from cutting)
    orange lily
    lily of the valley
    mints
    Vinca

Thanks,
    Sandra

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Sandra,

I do remember you very well. not to late to join us tomorrow. Glad to see that you can make it.

Bring along the blue phlox if you can. I know at least one other person that is looking for some as well.

Canna's sound good too. I'm game this year to give them a try in a new bed that needs to get filled.

E-mail for directions for where you are coming from.

Fran

• sandragw(6b_MA)
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,
    I am coming up Rte 3N to Billerica from Burlington Mall. Please email me the direction to your house.
    I have pot up 3 blue phlox. 2 for Fran and there is an extra one, I just don't know how many to pot. If anyone wants one, let me know and I will put it aside for you.

Thanks,
    Sandra

• crescentmoon
    15 years ago

Okay, the excitement is mounting... :-) I have 4 containers that need flowering plans so I will be looking for advice on those... 2 in direct sun and 2 shaded in am and sun in pm.

Also looking for something for along a section of fence that is shaded in am and part sun pm.

Is anyone bringing any variety of Day Lilly other than orange??

I have bagged up fern, chives, lilac... This is my first year owning a home and I plan on having LOTS more to share by next year!! I am SOOooo happy to have been told about ths group!! Thank you again, Dawiff!!!!

Fran, I have the plates and napkins all loaded in my mini-van! (Really, I'm just too excited about this!! LOL)
    See you tomorrow!!!

Cindy

• sandragw(6b_MA)
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,
    I am coming up Rte 3N to Billerica from Burlington Mall. Please email me the direction to your house.
    I have potted up 3 blue phlox. 2 for Fran and there is an extra one, I just don't know how many to pot. If anyone wants one, let me know and I will put it aside for you.

Thanks,
    Sandra

• littleonefb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sandra, you didn't leave my a way to e-mail you though your member page.

Go to my member page, just click on "my page" next to my name on the thread and you can e-mail me through GW. then i can send you the directions

Fran

• dawiff
    15 years ago

Cindy, there is a possibility that in the fall I will be dividing some Strawberry Candy daylilies, as well as some red and sorta purply ones (they are named, I just can't remember the name off the top of my head right now.) I'll do it if I'm not totally sick of and exhausted by gardening by then. :-) I tend to go whole hog in the spring and wear myself out.

I wish I'd seen this last night. I'd love some of Sandra's orange honeysuckle, if it's native. Sandra, you said you were coming from near the Burlington Mall, which sounds close to where I live. Maybe later in the year I can stop by and get some, or you can come here?

• crescentmoon
    15 years ago

I have to say, everything I got at the swap is doing well!!!! Thank you so much!

Life has been so busy and stressful. My gardening is my escape!!

Cindy