SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dakster

Calling garden architects!

dakster
18 years ago

Hi all, allow me to introduce myself. I have been a gardenweb/Naturenet member for a while but am usually found on the Birding Forum. I live in CT in zone 5 and am about to (hopefully) create an oasis in my postage stamp of a lot. I currently have .17 acres in a community tht was established in the 1950s so there is some good growth; maples, pines and oaks. We are planning on putting in a privacy hedge of Arborvite- natural boarders are always best. Gives nice cover as well as nesting places for my feathered buddies.

The landscaping around the fron of my home is sparse- almost naked really! We have some daffodils, orchids and tulips that bloom pretty randomly. Also I have a HUGE rhododendron flanking one corner and a small fushia azalea on the other. 90% sun. I want to make it pretty yet functional, i.e. seed eater and nectar eater friendly. I have a white house so nothing will clash as far as colors. We will need something tall on the other corner so it hides the gorgeous green town issued garbage can! That corner is also near the side door which is our main entry/exit- who uses their front doors in New England anyways!?

I can post a pic of the front of my house if that would help or give dimensions. Do you all have any suggestions or even a softward progtam that has worked for you in the past? Thank you so very much!

Comments (8)