SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdvaden_of_oregon

Gardening Season - Now OFFICIALLY open

mdvaden_of_oregon
17 years ago

M. D. Vaden of Oregon has declared that gardening season in the Pacific NW is now officially open.

You heard it here first. Fair and balanced - you decide : - )

Bareroot trees are showing up on the racks. We still have violets blooming at home. And our chips are arriving in the next couple of weeks to start an enormous compost pile. Some Yard & Garden show seminars are just weeks away.

After big winter storms which eliminated quite a few trees, and a year of increased political stress, 2007 deserves a several week head start to gardening season.

Load up on garden tools now. Be generous to yourself. Get a head start.

You may even enjoy getting flat free tires for your wheelbarrow. I just bought some from Les Schwab Tires. Even for my handtruck. No air leaks, and the flat-free tires roll more stable.

Start brushing linseed oil onto your wood garden tool handles to preserve them. No linseed oil? Home Depot or Ace hardware will have it. Helps handles last years longer if exposed to the weather.

Community Education classes in Gardening and Landscape are probably starting right now at local colleges. I'm teaching tree care at Rogue Community College on the 20th and 27th. Look at schedules in your area - there's probably a class that you could enjoy right now.

Have you started your personal garden website or album yet? Now's a great time. Have a digital camera ready to show-off your flowers?

Witchhazel should be blooming in the next few weeks. Forsythia too. Add some January and February plants to your collection.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!