SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle0000

Is this Guardian Angel???

gayle0000
14 years ago

Last week I bought Guardian Angel when I was at Hornbaker Gardens in Princeton, IL. It was an impulse buy based on walking through their display gardens and seeing the mature plant. I didn't know anything about GA at the moment.

Upon doing more research at home...I just need somebody to talk to me.

1. Hornbakers is a very reputable source and they specialize in Hosta...so I'm confident if there's a mistake here...it's a crazy thing.

2. The plant tag (Hornbaker's makes their own tags) says: "[L] Exciting, white centered form of Blue Angel; centers may turn blue-green in summer."

Below is a pic I took of the mature plant at Hornbakers. It's all green. Does it look like Guardian Angel to you, and it's turned all green because it's late in the summer (per the plant tag)? All the pics I've seen on the web show the coloring. Can't find a pic anywhere showing it greened-up.

The little toddler plant I bought is green and definitely has subtle signs of coloring if you look real close.

Anyone have thoughts, pics, or commentary on GA and it greening up? Research I've done concludes that it keeps it's color much more often than it turns green.

Thanks! Gayle

Comments (13)