SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wubba1108

I found my missing bulbs! Hee.

wubba1108
16 years ago

**giggles**

My poor, poor husband.

I've been wondering for weeks what the deal is w/ my bulbs. Only a couple crocuses came up. I kept thinking, "Man, I guess this has been a really brutal winter!"

Then yesterday I decided to clean up the flower beds in the front yard. As I'm doing that, I notice a mounded area in the mulch. Hmmm. What's that?

I move the mulch aside and...SURPRISE! Landscaping fabric.

That's funny. I don't remember there being landscape fabric there before. But there's clearly something trying to grow underneath it.

I grab my gardening shears and cut the fabric open to find....a large bunch of crocus blooms desperately trying to find their way out from under the fabric.

The poor things!

By the time I was done, I had uncovered 5 clumps in total. Suspecting there may be more, I'm planning to do alittle more "investigating" this week.

How did this happen? In the fall when I was away on business the hubbie thought he'd be nice. He put all new mulch down on my garden beds. But before doing that, he covered the areas w/ landscaping fabric.

However he forgot to mention the fabric part of his surprise when I returned. So I had no clue everything was covered up!

He apparantly hadn't remembered the bulbs I had planted the weekend prior...while he was away on a fishing trip.

He's promised to help me make sure the rest of my bulbs won't be impeded by his "assistance." Poor guy. He thought he was making my garden maintenance easier on me.

I tell ya...the adventures my sweetheart brings to gardening!

Comments (2)