SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_n_ontario

Need A Garden Buddy in Northern Ontario... February

Debbie_N_Ontario
18 years ago

Hi there!

Ground Hog day will soon be here and I can't believe it! We have had a mild winter so far, only a few days of -30's so I'm not complaining! I could handle winter if it was like this every year.

We have gotten more snow though and had to have the guy come around and shovel the driveway out again, had about 4 inches or so. So that is about 8 inches since Sunday. Even though we get more snow with mild temps I still like the mild temps better *S*

I checked out Walmart again today for wave petunia seeds but no more varieties since last week. I wish they get a person who actually knows about gardening to work in the garden section of the store. Also picked up a bottle of No Damp, so I am getting ready for planting. Just haven't done it yet, still can't find where I put the soiless potting mix,,, I know it's around here somewhere... LOL

Marcia, when do u normally start your petunias? You'd think I'd remember after all these years but I forget. I am planning on starting the wave ones really early but don't want to start the regular kinds that early.

I'm still shredding up paper too so I'll have lots to use as mulch when spring comes around, to help keep the weeds down. I'm hoping that the guy who does our shovelling also does weeding. I know he cuts grass in the summer time so maybe he does yard work too. That would be great if he did, I'm going to need help this summer again. Even though I'm trying to exercise I don't seem to be losing any weight or getting stronger,,, maybe I'm just too impatient? *G*

Well take care and I hope Gale, Janet, Jak and everyone else are doing ok.

Debbie :-)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor