SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bill_ri_z6b

Ideas/experience with annual vines or passionflower

bill_ri_z6b
11 years ago

I have two small trellises that are in sun most of the day. Last year I planted morning glories that were beautiful, once they finally bloomed. They just took too long to start the show and never really filled the trellises. They were planted out as plants in late April. I can only imagine that seeds would have taken even longer.

I have considered passionflowers, so I was wondering if anyone has grown them and how do they perform? Good blooms? Do they need deadheading to look good?

The other option is to use annual vines, which I have no problem planting every year, but I would like something that grows fairly fast and full and gives some color. Seeds for things like black-eyed susan vine, cardinal climber, scarlet runner bean, cypress vines and more are readily available. So, if anyone has any suggestions, I would be happy to hear from you.

Below is the side garden and patio. You can see the small iron trellises in each of the two flower beds. The one to the left of the patio is sort of hidden by the furniture.

{{gwi:5901}}

Comments (18)