Prunifolium, curling leaves

KeithJames(6a)

My Blackhaw Viburnum has admittedly been through a lot, basically because I kept moving it. It's three years old but still only three feet tall. Last year and now this summer it is really starting to find itself and leaf out and grow. Though I've given it cause for stress, it really has continued to produce healthy leaves. This year the leaves are large and beautiful and is showing signs for a good summer of growth. It receives bright light all day but only 2 to 3 max at height of summer of full sunlight and at the height of the day, from around noon to three. My question: As long as I've had it the leaves have had various degrees and tendencies to curl. I read somewhere online that this might be lack of water. Does it need to be constantly wet? One more thing: at the end of last summer season there was a touch of powdery mildew on the leaves for the first time and now this spring I just found some black topped mushrooms growing in it's watering circle, or "drip line."

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Liz(Zone 7/NJ)

I'm not sure about the leaf curl. However, it would be surprising if it is showing drought stress when you simultaneously have mushrooms growing. Seems like it would be one or the other.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KeithJames(6a)

Yes, mushroom and drought don't match do they? Maybe these leaves tend to curl for a while after they are just new.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Curl-Leaf Mountain Mahogany, an Easy Evergreen
Use it as an accent plant or mass it as a screen; this pine and spruce alternative is a hard worker in dry, cold climates
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Curl Up With Some Dreamworthy Nap Spots
Blissful and serene, these envy-inducing settings will put you to sleep, but for all the right reasons
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Get Summer Camp Style Without Leaving Home
Create a relaxed, outdoorsy feel with a touch of nostalgia, by bunking with these games, artworks and accessories
Full Story
Full service Design/ Build firm with over 15 years experience in kitchens, bathrooms, interior design, furniture,... Read More
Premier Home Services, Inc. has been providing custom remodeling services to Loudoun County and the Surrounding... Read More