SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Pics of the new project...shoot me now

You may have read about my new project out back, basically, ripping out everything, using pots for interim and regrading the area. There was a lot of concrete out there (previous owner) and we decided to just rip it all out. That's what's been happening this past month, off and on. Well, here it is today, concrete gone, preliminary grading done.

We will have to haul in some more soil/compost, so all of that and the finished grading should be done next week (fingers crossed!). Did I mention how much I hate construction? It just disturbs everything! We also ripped the entire back deck down, so building a new deck as well. The back of the house looks so lifeless now, with no wood, no green, no nothing but brick. It's wierd. But, you have to demolish to rebuild, so that's the way it goes.

We're taking plenty of shots during the process...and we're taking pics, too :) This entire area will be hostas under a canopy (eventually) of Merlot Majik Mimosas (they don't seed). Until then, we're going to supplement shade with shade sails, we're going to make a cool design with them. It's all in my head right now, hopefully, we can get things at least to the point that the plants/trees are in the ground and mulched this year. One can hope! I'm tired of looking out back and seeing, well, dirt. I'm also tired of looking out front and seeing crowded hosta beds. Can't even see my beauties right now!

Comments (11)