SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

I have a new counch, now I need help with other pieces (pics)...

Robbi D.
15 years ago

I haven't been around in a while, but I've really missed you guys! I'm back in my decorating mood again (my dh hates it when I get this way!) We bought a new couch right before Christmas and we weren't sure about the shape and size when we bought it because of the odd room with little wall space. So, we decided to close off one of the doors! I've finished the wall behind the couch, but am still patching up the other side (I hate drywall work!). Anyhow, I'm in need of other pieces in the room and I'm not sure what will work with the couch. The couch is curved and I need something behind it in the corner. I have a light sitting there now, just to add some brightness to that side of the room at night. I also need a coffee table/ottoman. There is one that came with the couch, but the store didn't have it and I've been unable to find it on the internet. The cabinet to the left of the couch, I'd thought of changing out to a secretary like reno_fans (I love what you did with that!). I thought leaving it open would provide a space for someone to set a drink down but I'm wondering about the height in that location. Should I get something shorter? Also, I need a small table and/or lamp by the stairs (which I hope will be done someday?). Here are a few pics:

The new couch:

{{!gwi}}

Here's the tall cabinet. Is it too tall?

{{!gwi}}

Working around the room to the left, here's what is on the other side of the cabinet:

{{!gwi}}

Working left again (I'm standing in front of the couch):

{{!gwi}}

Here is what is across from the couch (taken from the mezzanine upstairs):

{{!gwi}}

TIA!!

P.S. I'm sorry about the size of the pictures. It won't let me make them smaller!

Comments (30)