SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carmellia_gw

Fall Exchange - Southern MN

17 years ago

ATTN: Gardeners from Rochester, Luverne, Albert Lea, Red Wing, Worthington, Rosemount, Owatonna, New Prague, Winona, Lake City, Mankato, Zumbrota . . . and all points in between . . .

For years, my sister, Gaillardia, and I have been talking about having a plant exchange down in our neck of the woods (Kenyon), and this seems to be the year.

Fall has always seemed to me the best time to dig, divide, and transplant. It is also the time of year when I have the most available to time to do it. We are thinking of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd weekend in September, or maybe the last weekend in August, if August isn't blistering hot this year. I have a large yard, and anyone coming from a distance is welcome to pitch a tent or bring a camper, although I wouldn't have hookup available.

Kenyon is equidistant between the Cities and Rochester. Highway 60 runs right through the middle of town. Faribault is 14 miles away. Of course, anyone from "up north" who would come is certainly welcome, and we won't make fun of your Yankee accent.

So make up a wishlist and survey your garden to see what needs splitting up. Let me know if you are interested and what weekends will and will not work for you. We are talking plants and pot luck. It doesn't get any better than that. Carmellia

Comments (10)

Sponsored