SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheepco

MN Pond Plant Exchange

sheepco
17 years ago

Well I just sent out half a dozen letters to friends in my area that I know have water gardens, suggesting a pond plant exchange. I started my little pond last year, and after buying plants locally and on line this spring I thought there must be a less expensive way. Got the idea here! I'll organize it. Hope they all tell their friends!

My town is only about 5,300 but with the surrounding area I hope to get 10 - 15 people to trade plants for free next spring. I have contacted the local gardening club as well. We also have a U of MN Ag Research Center here that has a big Hort department, so will contact them as well if I don't get much response.

I have had 1 newbie (like I'm NOT!) call me already and is so excited. I've got her trying some of your 'unusual pond plant' ideas cause I don't have extra plants to divide yet. I've been sharing my WH and iris with her so far, and we ordered together on-line.

Anyway, wish me luck. And those of you with overgrown plants, keep this fledgling ponder in mind next spring!

Comments (17)