SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ptilda

Tattoo? (don't bother reading this, Ken)

ptilda
14 years ago

Ha! I new putting your name in the subject line would make you open this, Ken! lol

Anyone on here, besides Ken (no offense, Ken, but you already advised against it) have any input into growing Tattoo successfully? I'm getting it in a GW plant swap (whoot! Free plants!), and after being told by Ken that he's lost 8, I'm wondering if I can get some advice on how to NOT loose it. Basically, I'd just like to have ONE Hosta that Ken doesn't have! lol

Seriously, though, I adore the look of this Hosta, but want to be successful with it. I am in a cold area (the butt-crack of zones 3/4), and am a full-time college student 90 minutes away, so can only take some time on the weekends and summers (not always guaranteed) to attend my gardens. Where should I plant it? How should I prepare it so that it has the best possible chance of survival? Any input is appreciated.

Besides, Ken, it was probably all the "throwing it in the driveway and driving over it" that killed it. Maybe some Hosta just can't take your tough love! :)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations