SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anjashaw

NYC Area - A Six Figure Income?

anjashaw
14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have been researching non-stop for weeks and can not find a solid sense of what a "high end" market gardener can earn selling to the NYC area. I am eager to do a market farm venture.I have 9 acres in the Hudson Valley and some horticultural training. However I honestly need to make a six figure income to pay my bills and do this full time.(I hope you're all not laughing too loud!) I'm one of those white collar gals with dreams of leaving the rat race and making my "office" in the fields. Unfortunately my mortgage and expenses are coming with me.......If I can reach a 80-100K level within 3 years - I'm OK.

I was planning to do 2 acres and a year round greenhouse of gourmet veg and herbs. Some info makes me think that is enough to hit my goal, while other sites make it look impossible.Many of you say you make a living, but yearly earnings are never mentioned, understandably. With gourmet garlic farms, heirloom tomato growers, fancy flowers suppliers, etc all finding a ready market in upscale NYC, do you guys make that six figure income? Or is it solely a quality of life upgrade?

I understand your need for privacy, so if you are willing to share, a simple "yes I do" or "no I don't" will help tremendously. Any other thoughts are also welcome. Thanks so much........

Anja

Comments (19)

Sponsored