SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphette_gw

When to expect my moonflower to bloom

Murphette
19 years ago

I'm curious ..... I started my Moonflowers in a 5" container, around the end of March, and transplanted to a 14" container about 4 weeks ago. Since then, I moved them outdoors, in a very sunny location. The vines seem to be doing quite well. Just yesterday, I noticed several small buds. At least thats what they appear to be. This is my first time planting Moonflowers, or actually, any type of flower. I really wasn't expecting my MF to bloom until mid to late summer. Thought I read somewhere that MF do not bloom right away. Does anyone know the approximate time it takes from seed to blooms for Moonflowers? If these are, in fact, buds on my MF, is this unusually early? The buds are quite small... about 1" in height. That's a guess. Although the overall height of my Moonflowers in the container, are approximately 2 1/2 Feet. Given the ratio, I guess I shouldn't expect the buds to be much than what they are. I'm sure as my MF gets larger, I can also expect larger buds/Flowers.

Thanks for your help.

Murphette

P.S. I really find this forum to be quite helpful, although I've noticed that its not as active as some of the other forums. I'm hoping more people post. :)They sure don't know what they're missing, huh?

Comments (22)

Sponsored