SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Wide Yellow Middles And Green Margins

User
11 years ago

Don't know how to describe this any better. What do you think of the plants with wide yellow middles and varying shades of green margins? I have a real liking for this combination. To add in heavy substance and corrugation, a little wiggle here and a bit of ruffle there, you get all sorts of bright looks.

Here are the ones I have which meet those givens:

Dick Ward:

Stained Glass:

Princess Anastasia

Smooth Sailing

Rainforest Sunrise

Guacamole and Paradise Island, both with green margins

Orange Marmalade

Forbidden Fruit--getting more than a little green margin encroaching on its yellow middle, but for comparison sake

Cathedral Windows is also there with the yellow center and the encroaching green margins which are attempting to overlay the lighter color. But again, for comparison sake. And because I haven't any other place to show this off...

I guess that is about all, although I know I'm missing some of the small guys behind the teahouse. They really do not get the adulation the larger hosta receive. Will have to go around breathing kind words to each one. They are doing a fine job turning all this heat and water into beautiful leaves.

Now, it is your turn. Show off your yellow middled with green margined hosta. Thanks for looking.

Comments (32)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone