SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anthem_gw

Acer Griseum vs Acer Palmatum Bloodgood

anthem
16 years ago

I've got an 18x18 area that borders a rain gutter on one side and sidewalk on another at the corner of my house. The height of the house there is about 20ft. There are some flower beds right by the sidewalk which is 18 ft away from the house. So that nice corner space, we're thinking of planting a tree. We'd ideally like it around 25 feet or so talk and about that wide. Wondering what height has people seen Grisuem and Bloodgood grow to in this lifetime :-). I understand that both are slow growing after they reach a certain height.

If you started with a 8ft specimen of each tree as both are available to me and assuming both are pruned for vertical growth (upright leaders vs their tendency to have multiple leaders) - and optimal nursery like conditions (fertilized/irrigation system), what heights are we talking about after x number of years. I see tons of pictures of recently planted and full grown - but would like to know what people think of growth rates. Everyone says Griseum is slow, but I've also heard from a few people who said their Griseum grew faster than they would have thought.

What would they be after say 3, 5, 7 years ? Thanks for any insight.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH