SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Question about Tposts, etc. in HT

2ajsmama
9 years ago

DH and I laid out the HT yesterday just to get idea of width. What I thought were 13.5ft hoops are 15ft so only 1 tunnel (all we have time for anyway) for now, after we move (use) the manure pile can bring in some fill and make the pad wider, level for another tunnel next to (running N-S long direction).

So for 64.5ft long tunnel, wondering how far in from end walls to put vertical supports, T posts for indet. tomatoes? I probably want a gap in the middle to walk through too, I've got some 100ft long beds in fenced area and have to walk to 1 end all the time to cross to next aisle. But no end walls.

I don't know if we'll get cemented-in supports right now, rushing to get (aged) manure in the middle before we put hoops up and pin the timbers to the ground, plastic will not be going up until later in the season. What I can do is buy 8ft Tposts instead of usual 6.5 -7ft and tie a few of them into the center purlin. Sound enough to support hoops if plastic just going to be on a couple of months? Chain link fence pipe hammered into ground every 3ft (if we can sink it every place) with hoops set inside and clamped to outside of 4x4s that I also want to drive rebar through in a few places to pin down.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor