SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ces797

Dried Up Hosta - Will it come back next year?

ces797
14 years ago

Hi Guys

Last year I went crazy with hostas and had about 20 in pots in my backyard (all hardscaped back there so nowhere to plant)

This year I decided to put them all in the ground in the front yard. I planted all of them Mother's Day weekend. This particular area does get a bit more sun that I'm sure they want but there is a "junior" size tree that eventually will get bigger and shade out more of the sun. My question is that I have been watering them like crazy this year and all have surprisingly grown a lot. Some do show very small signs of too much sun (mostly in color, not so much dried leaves) except one. I have a Paul's Glory that I think is toast. It's the only one that is literally fried. I think if I blew on it the leaves would shred into the wind. It flowered about a 3 weeks ago which I thought was weird because the others are just now starting to flower. My question is will it come back next year? I have a very assymetrical type of planting scheme and it's already bothering me that's it ruining my plan. haha

Will this dried up guy come back next year or should I just say it's prayers and get a replacement?

P.S. I have been watering it every other day (gallon of water per day)

Comments (14)