SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyciaadamo

I can not believe what I almost did!

alyciaadamo
13 years ago

The beginning of this week I had gotten in 4 hostas, 2 minis and 2 large. First thing I did was unwrap them completely, put them in baskets on my back porch(SUN-porch gets really hot on sunny days) so when my kids went to bed and hopefully after the rain stopped I would plant them. YEAH Didn't happen!! 48 hrs later I spotted them looking all yellow dry and shriveled! I almost cried! It had been pretty hot here this week even when it rained. I ran and got a big pot of water to soak them. I for sure thought I had lost my little Alakazaam! I soaked them for a few days and now one of Alakazaam's leaves looks like it's perking up a bit. My blue Mouse ears were never fazed!!! It never lost color or substance I can't believe it. The other two Dick Ward and Dream Weaver had some yellow dried up leaves but still had a little substance. I just can't believe I almost killed them and how bad Alakazaam had been, the leaves were all floppy and dry and the roots almost looked singed. But they are now all planted and doing ok. I am so lucky!

I think I am going to wait a little while before getting any more plants. I may not even get the batch I was planning on getting next week. My husband has vacation for the next two weeks so maybe I will get things situated so I can get back to my garden. The race is now on for our family as we have something major happening every month from this weekend on till next March! Including both my older girls are going to start dancing once or twice a week in August until Next May. My kids aren't even into clubs or sports yet and I'm already frazzled how am I ever going to find time for my garden?!

Comments (2)