SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drcindy1

another Wilson's pink dwarf question

drcindy
18 years ago

Hi,

I posted a little while ago about frost damage on this young, 1 gal plant. I was seeing new growth, which made me happy, but we had some rather warm days this week, which totally fried the rest of the leaves! This JM is in full sun (prior to planting I did not read anywhere, or was told by anyone that it could not take full sun), and I'm wondering if I need to resite it to a shadier location. I've called a couple local nurseries that specialize in JM's with, of course, different advice. One person told me to definitely move it to a shadier area, to see if it would produce more leaves. Another told me that some afternoon shade would be OK, but that it needed 5-6 hrs of sun. This latter person told me if the twigs were still flexible (they are) that I should see new growth in maybe 6 weeks. So what is the best thing to do? We've just been getting weird fluctuations in weather this week, one day 70 degrees, next day 55, next day 75, next day 60, and so on. I don't want to lose this tree, the leaves were so pretty when they first came out! Thanks for any advice.

Comments (3)