SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Talk about a smart phone!

User
9 years ago

I apologize for being absent almost all day today. I am consumed by the capabilities of this new Smartphone I got earlier this week.

Now that most of my accounts are set up, I am playing with the camera tonight. Too late for outdoor photos, but I'm taking shots of my hands etc. And also of the hosta slideshow on my screensaver.

This high mp camera has an additional MODE called SOUND & SHOT--it really has a lot of potential in a garden situation. Of course, they thought it would be applied to a beach shot with sound of the surf. I press the shutter button, the photo begins processing, and I have up to 9 seconds opportunity to record "background sound" with the picture. How neat is that?

I'm testing it indoors tonight. Not much ambient sound to contend with. But I got it to work. First shot I stuttered, could NOT speak for love nor money. I said THREE hosta names in 9 seconds or less, big success, and realized it is going to be a life saver.

This small sound bit of information can do the job of recording the HOSTA NAME, which I then add as a tag word to a photo before uploading or transferring to my main hosta files. I'm assuming the picture format is JPG or convertible to JPG or WMV or MPG which is acceptable to photo services such as Flickr. Small matter to check it out.

I hope this is a sign that software for cameras will soon include voice recognition of text for captions and titles of photos. How convenient if imbedded in the original file.

I got the Samsung Galaxy S5 and this SOUND & SHOT MODE is a free download at their website. Now it is added to the phone's regular camera "modes" which seemed pretty scanty to me. It will be quite useful for my hosta photos.

I think technology is wonderful. I'm glad that I found something to help ID all my pictures..We'll soon see how well the lens of the Galaxy S5 performs with hosta in the garden.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio