SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coll_123

Same ol'. same ol' (views of my garden)

coll_123
10 years ago

Everyone is always posting pictures of new and interesting hostas and I feel like I am always sharing the same old ones. My garden is fairly small- I have maybe a 125 hostas, but probably should only have about 80. I am envious that I can't add new eye candy (unless I totally eliminate bathroom areas for my dogs!) so I have to content myself with watching the ones I do have grow each year. This year I have noticed some have much bigger leaves, and several have much wider margins

Guardian Angel at twilight

Parhelion, Elegans, Regal Splendor

Parhelion...huge leaves this year. I have three of these and this is the second largest....oddly, the biggest one is at the base of a maple, with no direct sun and never gets watered because the trunk of the tree is in the way. Makes no sense that it is the biggest of the three.

Remember Me, Love Pat, and First Frost...Larger leaves on Love Pat this year.

Spartacus in its third season....started with a pretty small one so I think this is very good growth

Heatwave has huge leaves this year

Some "pot dwellers"...Chain Lightning (Fast grower), Faith, Goodness Gracious, and Orange Marmalade

Aliyahs's Grace, My cup of Tea (never grows) and Deep Blue sea

Liberty and Big Daddy. Liberty has wider margins this year. That dwarf hemlock is growing faster than Big Daddy but at least the color is pretty

Barbara Ann (another non grower), June, Candy Dish

High Society, a fave.

Two tiers of hostas I planted three years ago in the back left corner, where we lost a huge pine....it's elevated, and I like viewing many of these from below. I have too many planted in there and will need to move some out next year.

Regal Splendor and my beloved Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is over 4' wide already this year. It's my favorite hosta but pictures never seem to do it justice

Yellow warblers in my fountain

I don't know about you, but I often go outside and find various things suspended from near invisible filaments hanging down from the trees. A few times, it has been a slug, so I don't know if they make these long filaments or what. But the other day I walked out onto the deck and found a lilac blossom caught up in one.

That's all for now- thanks for looking.

Comments (45)