SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20093016

Ole Joyful--About my husband

User
12 years ago

You asked about my husband. Well, here's the story. Was married in 1947 and my husband died in December, 2004 after 57 good years. He was ill the last 7 1/2 years and I cared for him.

My plan, if I was left alone was to move near two of my daughters in Minnesota. Moved in 2006 after having two knee replacements following my husband's death.

Now the rest of the story. Before WW2 I dated a young man who went off to war and was gone for 51 months. When he came home I wasn't ready to get married. He was. So, we went our separate ways.

Fast forward 58 years. Aforesaid "young" man had his daughter locate me on the internet. He had lost his wife of 55 years in 2002. He still lived in Minnesota. I lived in Ohio.

When I moved back to MN he came calling, courtesy of his daughter. I began to receive bouquets of roses and other gifts. One day when he visited me he showed me a packet he had carried all through the war which contained a number of pictures of me as well as a carefully wrapped lock of my (then) red hair.

After a year of persuading me we were married on Jan 12, 2008. One of the oldest newly-wed couples around. We made the front page of the Sunday paper and were featured on a short television interview.

As to the computer-- he wants none of it. However, today my daughter lent us her Kindle. He sometimes has difficulty reading fine print, and if I can persuade him to use it that will be his Christmas present.

So there you have it. We count our anniversaries by the month and if we are lucky enough we will have 48 next January.

Maybe more than you wanted to know when you asked about my husband!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES