SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

To Venero Gardens at Paul's suggestion

loisflan
14 years ago

Paul in MN suggested a trip to Venero Gardens in Shorewood, Minnesota, about 15 minutes from my house. I'd never heard of it until two weeks ago. What a fantastic spot. Jay and Dory Venero quit their day jobs ten years ago and started their garden business. They have been living in their house since the early 70's, so their gardens have been in place for years. Jay has done all the construction of the hosta enclosure and out-buildings. He is really knowlegdeable about preparing the soil and was very helpful. Dory is the plant person, and hostas are her passion, although they sell every type of plant, even evergreens. Because they are located in a residential area, you must call for an appointment, but they are there six days a week.

Of course I couldn't leave without a few hosta - Ebb Tide, Medusa, Cutting Edge and Winfield Mist. One of those was even on my wanted list. I've never ordered on-line from them, but judging by the care they gave the plants that I bought, I think you could be confident that their mail-order practices were equally careful.

Here are a few photos.

Hostas for sale under the shade enclosure

{{gwi:1048003}}

{{gwi:1048004}}

Land of the minis

{{gwi:1048005}}

A view of their gardens

{{gwi:1048006}}

Another garden view

{{gwi:1048007}}

Comments (12)