SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Hosta bed evolution - start to finish!

Looks like we have a lot of pics of whole beds right now, so I thought I would throw in the bed that I made last year.

First, a pic of it BEFORE (this was Spring of 2013):

I had pulled english ivy (hate that stuff!) out of about half of the bed at this point and we had to go ahead and dump the remainder of a truckload of much in there to get it off of the grass as fast as possible, so just stuck it in there where I had already weeded,etc.

By the beginning of Summer, I had 90% of it pulled of the ivy and was starting to place everything where I wanted it.
Stayed like this for a while as I was making last minute decisions.

Can't seem to find a pic of everything planted last year, although I know I took plenty. I should note that at the very beginning of spring, before the hostas were up, the tree in this bed split down the middle and we only have half of it left, so you'll see it's replacement in the next pic.

Here's a pic of everything coming up this Spring. This is when I decided to extend the bed so that my hostas could be seen from the road as well--a little curb appeal, if you will. You can see the new part around the back curve of the bed.

Just a bit later...

Here's a pic with the hostas being decided upon in the new extension, they have roller skates until I'm sure, then they go in the ground!

and here's a recent pic. It's grown so much since last year! This bed is about 18 x 22 on the two shortest sides (sorry, can't remember exact dimensions and it's dark outside right now!) Looking good now. Loving it.

One more:

If you stuck with it this long, thanks! Wait until you see the next project--yikes :o

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio