SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsb_22

Organic fertilizer specifically for JMs--worth it?

dsb_22
18 years ago

Hi,

In the March 06 issue of This Old House, I noticed an ad for

"Peace of Mind Smart Organics" Japanese Maple Fertilizer from Fox Farm. I was not able to find product on the Fox Farm website, so I emailed them and they recommended purchasing it from humboldtorganics.com. The fertilizer itself is not expensive -- $6.45 for a 4 lb box. However Humboldt wants a minimum of $16 in shipping. So I'd like to get your guys' opinion as to whether you think this fertilizer would be worth getting.

The description of the product is below. I did a search on this forum for Fox Farm and it seems that their products are in good repute.

I have about seven Japanese maples of various sizes in containers. I got them last year and have not fertilized them so far. However this year I am thinking that especially the ones that I do not transplant to larger containers will need a little fertilizing.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Here is the description of the product:

"In their natural habitat, Japanese Maples use low ratios of nitrogen combined with higher levels of phosphorus for optimal root and branch development. This fertilizer will enhance color illumination in all varieties during the three main growing seasons. Delicate species will become more sun tolerant in hotter climates with this diet. Just keep them wet!

Now you can create that showcase tree you've always dreamed about when you feed with Peace of Mind Japanese Maple Fertilizer. Enjoy the fruits of their labor!

Each Peace of Mind product has been developed to utilize a different spectrum of benificial soil microbes, which assist the plant in assimilating the full range of micro and macro nutrients. The many species of mycorrhizae, if not precisely selected, can be detrimental to certain plants. At FoxFarm they test multiple species and brands to determine the premium materials. By knowing how the microbes will perform, they can guarantee a stable, consistant product. When grow tested, FoxFarm continually out performs the competitors. That's because they have chosen just the right materials to create complete, premium select formulas.

Peace of Mind varieties are pH balanced blends, utilizing calcium to neutralize the acid. Individual formulas have been precisely designed to provide a comprehensive diet for each plant group. Peace of Mind contains OMRI approved ingredients and is completely safe for your growing / living enviornment. Enjoy the knowledge that your vegetables, yard, and garden are receiving premium nutrition without adding more chemicals to the ecosystem. Feel confident that FoxFarm products are not only good for your health but also for the enviornment. In the tradition of FoxFarm's commitment to earth friendly products, it is with great pride and pleasure they offer you PEACE OF MIND, a complete line of Natural and Organic fertilizers."

Comments (19)