SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Well........ :).

Right now we're have really warm days (high 70's), it cools off a bit at night (high 50's) but not enough to make me close windows. It seems an early start this year has done the trick. 'Tennessee Cutshorts', 'Mr. Tung's', 'Nagatomo White', 'Wood Mountain Crazy Beans' (this bean is really tasty raw, so sweet, it'll be tricky getting this one in the pot) 'Oland Island Brown', 'Fort Portal Jade' and even 'Barksdale' have all been pulled and I have dried seed from all. Still picking 'Insuk's Wang Kong' to eat but also picking for seed from the earlier planted ones.

I've already picked some seed from 'Polish Freidank', more to come. We've had one feed off the 'Tobacco Worm' I planted late, if the weather holds I must just get some seed from them. The 'Ma Williams' are turning pink, looking forward to trying our first shellies. 'Samos Greek Lima' is flowering and starting to produce beans and I planted some 'Blue Jay' really late Aug 5 in the protected bed, these may or may not make it.

The only purple bean I'm growing this year 'Purple Italian Marconi' another planted late I'm growing for seed, it sure is a pretty bean looks like purple velvet. I hope it tastes as good as it looks, hoping to sneak just a few for a taste.

It looks like this year isn't the disaster I thought it might be with the poor start and all. The highlight for me this year was Bird Egg #3, not knowing if I could successfully grow it here has grown gangbusters for me, I have already harvested quite a bit of seed from my six plants and there's more to come in the next week or two. I think this bean has come close to outproducing anything else I grew with one exception, Mr. Tung.

This is what's really putting the smile on my face tho'

Bird Egg #3

Annette

Comments (3)

Sponsored